With the band currently working on some new songs, as well as getting ready to head back on the road next week we decided to take some time, and compile a list of the top 10 reasons to love The Head and The Heart.
10 reasons to love The Head and The Heart
10) The group formed in Seattle. Seattle has a history of churning out great music, and we are still not sure why.
9) Chris Zasche’s beard. While THATH’s bass stud was growing it out, ZZ Top was getting nervous and, we hear, started writing cease-and-desist letters.
8) They’re not afraid to try out new songs in a live setting. We, the fans, kinda feel like we get to be a part of the song-creation process. Takes courage on the band’s part. And we appreciate it.
7) Charity. She’s hot, has an awesome sense of style, and a badass voice.
6) They tour. A lot. Upside = you can see them perform live more than once a year. Downside = not a ton of time for them to work on new music.
5) The harmonies – simply gorgeous.
4) They worked their asses off to get to where they are today.
3) How the band was formed – It all came together in a meant-to-be kind of way that is somewhat freakishly awesome.
2) Not only do they make incredible music, but they happen to be great people as well.
1) They make music that they give a shit about. They care about what they play. Sometimes you will see a live performance and know that the musicians are just going through the motions, but with
The Head and The Heart, it’s not that way at all. They get up there and, as a cohesive unit of musicians, give it all they’ve got, at every single show they play.
Additional news stuff:
The Band heads back on the road next week to play it’s two remaining opening gigs for the Dave Matthews Band. The first, on Wednesday June 27th in (lovely) Camden, New Jersey, and the second on Friday, June 29th in Hershey, Pennsylvania, after playing a sold out show Thursday night at the 9:30 club in Washington D.C..
It was also announced today that the band will be making their way back to Austin to play Fun Fun Fun Fest which takes place Nov. 2-4.
Lineup leak video is available HERE
For the full list of upcoming shows, check out the Tour Dates page.
Why do you love The Head And The Heart?